COVID-19 has dramatically changed how people are doing business. We have seen an accelerated shift to digital and virtual business as people work from home, restaurants focus on carry-out, and society continues to social distance. So, how can your business deploy a digital strategy that helps you thrive and take market share during this catalytic event? Here are some things that we recommend to clients regarding their digital strategy for this year and into 2021.
- Make sure your website is secure, up-to-date, mobile friendly and ready to convert the additional traffic into sales. Many retailers are seeing online sales spike as the digital experience takes the place of in-person sales. Because of this, your website needs to be ready to handle the additional traffic efficiently and convert users into customers. We recommend chat tools such as LiveChat or others to engage with online visitors, making the most of each visit. We also recommend UX audits and behavior heatmapping with tools such as HotJar to see where people are dropping off and how you can better convert your web traffic.
- Manage your Google My Business account and make sure that you are actively managing your online reputation. Platforms such as TrustPilot are a great way to gather reviews from customers and translate recent sales into a strong online presence. Google My Business and Google Maps now account for over 50% of all web traffic for businesses. Most traffic doesn’t even make it to your website. This means that you need to be actively managing your Google My Business presence. Fire Source Media can manage that for you and help you take your web presence to the next level, contact us here.
- It is still about customer service. Though interactions may be happening digitally, via Zoom meetings or over the phone, giving your prospective clients and customers easy access and excellent customer service is the greatest driver of brand success. You can succeed in this new world by implementing your business plan with a focused digital strategy and even take market share from your competition. See this as an opportunity to grow, adapt and change.
- Once your website is setup for conversion look at running paid ads on Google and social media as a way to drive additional traffic to your site.
- Post organically on social media with a strategy and with regularity. Uplifting content will gain emotional equity with potential clients and customers while putting your brand in front of them on a regular basis, leading to increased traffic and sales. Use a scheduler with increased analytic tools such as Later.com for deeper insights into which hours of the day or which hashtags work best at driving engagement and interaction.
These are just a few best practices that will help you navigate these changing times and position your business for success. Fire Source Media is here to answer any questions you have. Contact us today for your FREE Digital Analysis.